Cook Library Website Changes
At the end of last semester, we made some (mostly cosmetic) changes to our website. For this round of changes, we worked to make our site look more consistent with Towson University. Here is a detailed list of what we modified:
- Redesigned our layout to prepare for future updates that will make our site more usable on phones
- Redesigned “Hours” and “Ask a Librarian” links, placing them in the upper-right corner in place of other services on campus.
- Moved our Search for our site in line with our navigation, like Towson.edu, for consistency.
- Added “Citing Sources” to the line of teal buttons, replacing “Help Guides.” Help Guides are still accessible, and we are working on moving them to work more closely with our Research Guides.
- Moved links to “Blackboard” “Webmail” “OTS” “SCS” “AAC” from links in top right into bookmarks on the default browser of every library computer.
- Google Scholar is now listed under “Databases”
- Upcoming events and “in your library” switched places
- Redesigned “Upcoming events” and “in your library”
- Redesigned “Make a gift” button
- Retired “Need Help?” drawer
- Retired “Guide to the web”
Here’s the new look:
What’s next: We will be updating our “Quick Tools” and top navigation between Minimester and Spring term.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.